Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Memorable Baluchora Beel (Lake) and my bird watching

Memorable Baluchora Beel (Lake) and my bird watching


The time was winter. I went to visit my grandmother's (Mother's mom) house in Gafargaon in Mymensingh district, BD. I was then an eighth-grade student of Nandia Sangun Islamia High School (Sreepur, Gazipur, BD). I am waiting for the result of the annual examination. I thought, Grandma,s go home. My grandmother loved me very much, because I was the eldest son of their eldest daughter, meaning I was their eldest grandson. One morning I left for my grandmother's (Mother's mom) house. The distance from my grandfather's (Father's Father) old house to my grandmother's (Mother's mom) house is only five miles. On the way, there are four villages and two beels (Lake) in the area. At that time the transportation system was very bad, mud roads, me to paths and broken roads, water in canals and beels (Lake), I had to go to my grandmother's (Mother's mom) house. When it rained again, I could go to my grandmother's (Mother's mom) house by boat.

Then since winter, the fields are dry, there is little water in the canals and rivers. If you wanted, you could cross the river in knee water somewhere and in waist water somewhere. I left alone to go to my grandmother's (Mother's mom) house. The name of our village is Aloli (grandfather's old house). I walked along the Meto road (Walking path) to the shores of Aloli village, then went to Baluchara village. There is a big beel (Lake) there called Baluchara Beel. This bill is connected to a river, which has made the Baluchora beel (Lake) quite large. 

The bill was so large that it would have taken me an hour to cross it on foot. I am walking on the south side of Baluchara Beel and moving forward. A small neighborhood in the middle of the beel (Lake), this neighborhood consists of only 5 houses. There is a big Kadai tree at the east end of the houses. This big Kadai tree is surrounded by bamboo bushes and small shrubs. There are also a few mango trees next to it. I was so tired from walking then.

Seeing from a distance, I was thinking, let's sit under a Kadai tree and take a little rest. I came to the Kadai tree and sat on the soft grass. It was about ten in the morning. The cool frost cooled my body in the air. I felt very good at that time.



I could hear the chirping of birds all around before entering the shelf. Already over my head from one end of the sky to the other, a flock of sand ducks fluttered and flew away. I looked up at the sky, thousands of birds. The sound of birds filled my mind. There was a flood of joy in my mind. Another flock of sand ducks chirped, flying from east to west in the sky. I stared at the sky on the shelf beel (Lake), watching thousands of birds fly.

Thousands of birds flew from one end of the bill to the other. A very beautiful view. Seeing this scene filled my mind. Thousands of birds are floating in the water far away from where I was standing. The whole bill has become a bird's eye view. Again, somewhere, a flock of small birds, flying in the sky and circling the whole beel (Lake), is coming back to the east. I was having so much fun watching this scene. Which filled my mind with joy.

When I saw such a beautiful bird flying scene, I forgot to move forward. I continued to move forward. Where I sat, there was a small canal 50 yards away. As soon as we crossed it, we reached the Baluchora beel (Lake) where there is water and the birds are chirping in the water.

I sat under a palm tree and looked in the middle of the beel (Lake). Thousands of birds are floating in the water in that beel (Lake). Thousands of birds including sand duck, chakha, snail shell, pankauri, sarali (All are local birds name), white crane are gathered there. Some birds are diving into the water, others are fluttering their wings, and looking back and forth. I was overjoyed to see such a beautiful scene.


So many birds, birds fluttering, I have never seen with my own eyes before. I was overwhelmed with emotion and lost in the chirping of birds. It seems that the form of nature can be so beautiful and colorful, I saw it for the first time that day. I have seen such an environment many times, but I have not looked at the beauty well. But the meeting that day was different. It was evening when I saw the birds.


The sun turned red in the western sky. The fact that I had not eaten all day that day may have been lost in the joy of the birds. At the sound of birds, the sky became heavier. I continued to walk past Bill to Grandma's (Mother's mom) house. I stared at the sky and the In the mud road and couldn't understand when I reached my grandmother's (Mother's mom) house.

No comments: